[LUG] newbie....no I mean it !

I am both new to linux and to this list.  I'll start as I mean to go on......asking lots of questions, and I apologise in advance to what I am sure are the majority of the list who are already familiar with the OS.  I am at the stage where I am wondering if this was a good idea ?  Anyway, enough of the banter.  Help with the following would be greatly appreciated:

I have installed SuSE Linux 6.4 onto my computer, which briefly consists of:
2 x 20Gb hard-drives ( 1st has windows 98 SE installed, 2nd is partitioned with approx 8Gb    FAT32 partition at the end which I use for backing-up windows - SuSE has the remaining 11+Gb)
Sound - creative soundblaster live

SuSE has detected the sound and graphics cards successfully, but has not been so good with the printer.   This is where the 'newbie' bit comes in........ I haven't got a clue how to configure the printer (if I can) nor how to configure internet connection (if I can).  Would some kind soul help, preferably in words of one syllable, all this "/dev/wotchamathingy" confuses the hell out of me at the moment.

web:       under construction
ICQ:      60295665
tel:         01872 552701
tel/fax:    020 7681 2314
mobile:   07980 997545
write:     11 Beaconsfield Place, St. Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0SZ

Lynx friendly