RE: [LUG] Redhat 6.2 - zoot

On 28-Mar-00 at 22:08:15 Peter Hatton wrote:
> Big question is, whats new, and is it worth upgrading from 6.1 to 6.2?

Oh yeah, we've been round that one before :-) Personally I'll be upgrading
a) for the heck of it (call me a sad geek if you want, but I have a good
reputation :-)); b) because I don't like anyone here saying I'm running an
old version!!

FYI, I've just been told that Mandrake 7 is on the CD with PC-plus this
month(?). As far as I recall Mandrake is basically RH with KDE chucked in, a
few extras and tweaks. In that respect I guess it has RH6.1 despite the fact
that that has KDE anyway...hmm, may be worth a look just to see what *is*
different.

On 28-Mar-00 at 17:14:43 Robert Callaghan wrote:
> The list that John posted is the list of names that RedHat has on the
> errata page.

Oh well spotted! Actually I got it from the RH list some time ago when, I
think, Hedwig (6.0) came out, but it may well be on the errata page. I kept
a copy for just this sort of occasion (definitely sad I admit)...

John.

My geek code goes something like GIT $++++SU +++L ...can't remember the
other bits :-)

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk
Finger for PGP key: john at jhorne.csd.plymouth.ac.uk