Re: [LUG] EHLO all!

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Stavros wrote:

> Does anyone have a link to human readable documentation? The
> man page is a little too hardcore for me ;)

Either, DNS & Bind, published by O'Reilly associates if youre really
interested in dns or the DNS-HOWTO isnt bad.

It all depens on what youre aiming for,many dists (afair) will run a
caching namerserver out of the box.  I run a dns system with my own
invented domain at home, but thats really a testbed for the termisoc.org
domain.

Dunno how far youve got with masqing but this is what I use:
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 -j MASQ

> Dynamic DNS with wildcards to reach the machions on my lan.

Erm no.  Your best bet wold be to grab a port forwarder from freshmeat so
that from outside you could telnet to a certain port on the gateway and
you will be redirected to the other box.

-=-=-Alex Charrett-=-=-
TermiSoc System Administrator
		SMS: chas at termisoc.org subject:SMS
Mail:   chas at termisoc.org		Web: http://chas.web.termisoc.org