Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:05:05 -0500 (EST)
From: LHD Administrator <lhdadmin at datapower.com>
To: lhdusers at lhd.datapower.com
Subject: New LhD Finally Out; Partnership News

	Greetings,

	The third major revision of Linux Hardware Database (LhD) is
finally up for everyone to see. It has a completely new look, which
dispenses with much of the green and the black and should be much easier
on color-blind eyes, printers and less-sharp monitors. As always, we are
very interested in your feedback. Also, the fonts should also be more
palatable on all platforms.
	In addition to the new look, there are a bunch of little fixes and
enhancements. Some neat additional functionality will be coming this
month. We are very interested in hearing from anyone who has font problems
or suggestions on the new layout!
	We have also partnered with Linuxcare to share a common repository
of Linux hardware Database -- product information and reports are shared
between the two sites. It is important to note that we did not share
any private user information (such as email addresses) with Linuxcare. As
promised on our registration page, we would ask everyone individually
before transferring such details to any partner.
	The Linuxcare partnership is very exciting, because it moves the
Linux community one step closer to a shared hardware database, where the
same kernel driver information and user experiences are available to
everyone -- just like the kernel itself.
	The new site has been up for about a week and everything seems
to be going well. We will be putting out an official announcement of the
site relaunch and the partnership in the next few days, but meanwhile
please let us know what you think and whether anything is wrong.
	Thank you for your contributions and for visiting!

P.S. If you forgot your password, just send email to
"lhdforgot at datapower.com"! Remember that you can always change your
password to something memorable using the "User Settings" page.

LHD Administrator                   Linux Hardware Database
lhdadmin at datapower.com              http://lhd.datapower.com