Re: [LUG] Re: (void) Evil evil evil (fwd)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Luke McElligott wrote:
> Hi I'm new to Linux but when I installed Red Hat along side NT I just free'd up
> some space on d: wiped it and installed linux on it. It automatically partioned
> the space in to swap etc and on boot up I just type dos for NT, or it defaults
> to linux, why do you need partition magic?

NT and linux are okay, but I had a lot of problems getting NT, 98 and
linux to play nice. Installing all 3 at the same time can be tricky or
easy and so can installing one after installing the other two.

I use Pmagic because of the OS/2 bootloader which is very very nice and
allows each OS to use its fave way of booting up - keeping them
independant of each other makes it way easier to manage.

> Does anybody know of a good spread sheet  as good as excel for scientific
> functions etc, the Star Office thing Ive got is not up to standard.
> Thanks

um...

Applix is supposed to be fairly heavy duty on that front but is pay-for (i
think) - its usually available as demo to try out tho.

Corel Office for linux is available as beta too - don't know what that is
like.

A.
--
<!-- betty  at  area51 --><A HREF = "http://www.termisoc.org/~betty">
LAUNCELOT:  We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.