Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:02:21 +0000 (GMT)
From: "David Cantrell (at home)" <david at cantrell.org.uk>
To: void at slab.org
Subject: Re: (void) Evil evil evil

On Sun, Feb 6 2000, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> Get thee PQmagic/Partition Magic. It makes managing an NT/98/*nix system
> way way easier. There is no other hassle free way of getting all three
> booting and running without arsing about with floppy start disks..

Coulda fooled me.

My boot.ini file ...

[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)\WINNT="NT4"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)\WINNT="NT4 [VGA mode]" /basevideo /sos
C:\="MS-DOS"
c:\bootsect.be="BeOS"
c:\bootsect.lnx="Linux"
c:\bootsect.flp="Floppy drv"

the various bootsect.* files were grabbed from the boot sector of their
respective OSes using dd.  C: has DOS on it for games.  DOS thinks NT is on
D:, and vice versa as C: and D: get swapped whilst NT is booting.