[LUG] Intro's

Well then, time to say who I am.

I'm here at Plymouth Uni as a final year BSc computing student.

I'd not touched Linux until I had come to uni and join this thing called
TermiSoc.  My very first touch to it was an old version of Slackware,
version 3.

I am currently without a Linux install at home due to my HDD having a fit
and falling over.  I plan to take a look at Rh 6.1 for a while (I've also
got a boxed set of SuSE 6.2 at home that I have not had time to look at).
I'm not sure which dist I shall end up using tho.  Prob RH of some format
+ SuSE (to play with).

I'd like to take a look at the *BSD world at some point, but my list of
things to do it big enough as is.

My area of interest (computer wise) is networking and computer security.
(My dissertation is an investigation into computer security).

I read.  Just about anything that I think "Oh.  That sounds good".
Currently it is lord of the rings, generation X and silicon snake oil.

That be about it.

Robert Callaghan (norm at termisoc.org)
PGP FingerPrint: B29E 6BB5 B4F0 38D8 CCA9  3BEB EDF0 0A36 9732 7173

"Well, what else were you expecting?"