[LUG] ATI card & Mandrake 8.

I have an AIW 128 32 meg agp card that works fine under 7.2 with 4.01
acceleration as you may have read im my earlier posts.

I installed mandrake 8 today with x 4.03 and at the first attempt to run any
kind of hardware acceleration linux froze solid. couldn't kill x or switch
to a console,nothing. I had this problem with the second beta but all my
reading of post of the mandrake newsgroups led me to believe the problem had
been fixed.

Is there some kind of workaround ( as I love tuxracer & GLTron)

Otherwise I'm gonna have to go back to 7.2 & I've wasted my money :(

Ray