Re: [LUG] Red Hat 7.1

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Jason Mepham wrote:
> I am running RH 7.0.  what do I need to download if I wish to upgrade.
> Are thare any idiot proof instructions available or shall I leave it.

I'd definatley advise upgrading, especially if you've not got a well
updated copy of 7.0.

The easiest way to upgrade/install 7.1 is to get hold of the CD's as it
will more than likey have updates for almsot all of the system.

At this time Red Hat have not published the 7.1 Boxed sets.  I think the
release date is set for 23rd of April.  I do not know if this is an
international release date or US only etc.

You can download the CD images (assuming you have a cd writer) from the
red hat ftp site (or a mirror of it).  But this will be approx a 1.2GB
download!.

Alternativley,
Wait for Linux exporium to produce the cheap (2 quid each ish) RH7.1 cd's,
or come to *Linux Day Exeter* on the 29th April at exeter
university.  (see http://www.lug.termisoc.org/ for details.).  I will have
copies of Red Hat 7.1 for the day that I will sell on for cost on the day,
(If thats ok by Simon of course).

--
Learn about linux / 29th of April 2001
At Exeter University - www.linuxday.org.uk