Re: [LUG] Sharp business practice in North Devon

Neil Williams wrote:

> What's the considered opinion on the sentence - as well as the clear threat
> that it could have been worse?

I think I'd need more details to give a considered opinion.

Like whether it was really a virus, or just a nastygram. If it was an
original virus, or a deliberate virus attack then it was a light
sentence IMO, if it was just a click on me and I'll do your harddrive
over e-mail, then it was stupid but 175 hours community service sounds
excessive.

Of course if he knew enough to be dangerous they would never have had to
open the attachment (assuming MS mail clients).

Another interesting news stories I thought was the German government
minister who alledgedly threatened to mail bomb or spam attack neonazi
websites hosted outside Germany.

Guess what is illegal in Germany is constitutional free speech in the
USA.

Always reminds me about the US stated position that an attack on the
American electronic infrastructure is an attack on American interests
and may be met with a conventional millitary response. Let us hope the
ISP's holding the neonazi websites aren't hosting anything the Pentagon
considers important.

Nice to know the German government ministers are up on netiquette
(not!).

--
Want to learn about Linux? Get it installed?
Devon and Cornwall LUG Event for UK Linux Day