Re: [LUG] LDE: Poster Designer and Speakers still needed

vern wrote:

> > anyone in the group got those vital design skills to make an eye
> > catching poster?
>
> yep !!
>
> I would be more than happy to get a poster together. Cant promise it will
> be 100% made on linux though :-)

100% Linux not 8-(

Anyway doesn't sound like you'll touch the evil empire, and hey Mac OS
is almost a Unix in it's latest incarnation (Can anyone explain exactly
what it does with the FreeBSD kernel?)

But since unlike Neil, who kindly volunteered a mate, Vern volunteered
himself I think we'll try Vern.

Printing Budget --- hmm --- about the amount of your subscription to LUG
times the number of members 8-). Not much, we still need commercial
sponsors!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you need an estimated budget to decide on number of colours and that
kind of thing?

I think little A5 leaflet things are easiest, especially if you have
places where people can take them away as a reminder. Does that keep us
on A5 coloured paper, with black ink!? Other ideas welcome. What does
that cost?

Details.... well... best stab so far is:

Linux Day
Sunday 29th April 10:00 to 17:00
Latis Center, Queens Building, Exeter Univeristy
Plenty of parking.
Speakers: TDB Probably 11:00 to 13:00
Refreshments provided.

Register if you want to bring a PC and have Linux installed at
www.linuxday.org.uk
Join the Devon and Cornwall Linus User Group at www.lug.termisoc.org

Should do for drafting, details may still change, but that should be
pretty much it.

I filed that Gif of a map, and I can describe where Queens is (as an
Alumni, it use to house the Arts faculties computer rooms - so lots of
nice computers that us mathematicians used because the Arts students
didn't have a clue, memories of virus checking DOS 3 flood back). Also
Neil Benbow at the Uni can supply other electronic maps of the Uni I
believe.

Anyone feel inspired to do a 'Blurb' that will attract both business and
home user to the meeting, I got less than three hours sleep last night -
creativity is not going to happen here till I find some coffee that
hasn't had the caffeine extracted already.

Try 01395 232769 if you fancy speaking to a sleep deprived zombie.

	Simon
--
Business http://www.eighth-layer.com/
Personal http://www.wretched.demon.co.uk/