Re: [LUG] www.webmin.com

Alex Charrett wrote:

> Nope, never heard of it.  Until now...
>
> I'll remember that - could come in useful.

So far I'm impressed with everything apart from the bit I want.

Easy delegation of tasks to other users.
Good default file permissions and security settings.

Some really nice general Unix admin stuff, for example the SAMBA
management stuff is excellent (or it'll run SWAT for you).

The BIND8 modules is basically a glorified DNS zone writing tool. If you
have lots of Access Control Lists for DNS zones, it could save you
Yanking and Pasting in vi.

Alas it doesn't seem to give you a good overview of what is happening in
your DNS - or maybe I'm expecting too much. Not quite at the Microsoft
DNS manager level alas, although it is more mellow about trailing "."'s
than MS DNS Manager.

	Simon
--
Business http://www.eighth-layer.com/