[LUG] any bash wizards?

i have the flu here, so forgive my impatience with bash to ask help with a
problem.

i want to list the directories in my ~/public_html/pictures/ folder
without directory.jpg contained in those *many* directories. also i dont
want the directory listed more than once. i plan to run imagemagick's
convert 'vid:*.jpg' directory.jpg
to create a picture thumbnail in each directory. (it's a quick fix)

guess the bash script will look like this. i think.

$dirlisting = findcommand

for dir in $dirlisting; do
	convert 'vid:$dirlisting/*.jpg' $dirlisting/directory.jpg
done

how do i match files with .JPG and maybe even .Jpeg too ? anyone with a
regexp for maybe all types of picture extensions lower and upcase?! :)

Regards
-Kai