[LUG] Getting started with LDAP

I've been planning to try and place my address book contents under LDAP
for a while.

I want to go platform neutral as regards the main services I use day to
day.

However getting started with LDAP has proved troublesome.

Anyone got any experience? Is it really suitable as an 'address book'
replacement?

I've used directory services under W2K and Novell, but not with a view
of primarily replacing address book functionality, mostly for
authentication issues.

If it is suitable what route did you use to get address book style data
into the directory? (Currently data is in Netscape Address book - which
looks like it shouldn't hurt - and is easily exported as LDIF).

	Simon