Re: [LUG] Catch 22 !!

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 11:15:03AM -0000, Neil Stone wrote:

> I recently (for my sins) installed Windows 98 (again) of course it did
> it's fave trick of doing fdisk /mbr during install.... how the hell do
> i get lilo back ??

Most linux installation CD's allow you access to a command prompt
fairly early in the install process (debian does for sure)... so you
could do the lilo work form thre.  I don't know which distro you are
using but again debian also provides rescue disk facilities on it's
install CD.

If neither of them work, you could install a 3rd party boot loader.
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub works for me.

--
Chris Bannister
cj at moodog.org.uk