RE: [LUG] New tutorial on lug website

On 23-Nov-00 at 13:01:20 Alex Charrett wrote:
>> On 15-Jun-00 at 21:23:04 Alex Charrett wrote:
>> > I've finally got round to adding my shell usage and
>> > scripting tutorial to
>> > the website.
>
> Blimey that's an old mail, where does that come into it?.

Odd. I received the mail about 2 or 3 days ago! Didn't notice the date time.
I'm out this afternoon, but I'll check the mailhub logs tomorrow to see what
they say.

>> It seems that with RedHat 7 most of the docs have moved from
>> /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc. I cannot find the HOW-TO (or HOWTO)
>> directory on my system at all, but I'm sure there was one at RedHat6.2!
>> It may have got left out of the installation, but not likely I would
>> have thought.
>
> I'm fairly sure that Redhat 6.2 was the same.  The HOWTOs are
> on a documentation CD - you may want to install the ones from a
> previous version, or have a ferret on mirror.ac.uk and see if
> you can find the rpm for 7.

No, no...I bought the boxed set :-) However, you are probably right; RH7
does come with a docs CD. I obviously didn't install them.

John.

E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk