[LUG] European Characters and the Compose key

Hi,

Just like to check I haven't missed anything important.

I want to type European characters occasionally on my UK PC keyboard.
After much pondering and reading documentation I decided I needed a
compose key, and added

keycode 117 = Multi_key

To my .Xmodmap file, logged out and logged in...

This defines the weird Microsoft menu(?) key next to the right MS Start
button to be compose. Now "compose" "," "c" does cedilla nicely, and
composites with Umlauts and Grav's work fine.

"compose" "a" "'" for example á

Are there any other simple methods for doing this?

As far as I can see the compose key was not defined before - is there an
easy way to tell?

Anyone sorted out the dreaded Euro (I usually just type ISO currency
abbreviations EUR/GBP)?

	Simon, Redhat 6.1, 2.2.17, KDE desktop.