Re: [LUG] Recommendation - PCWorld, Comet etc for PC

On Fri, 03 Nov 2000, you wrote:

> My Father-in-law bought from Tiny a couple of years ago and bought the 3
> year extended warranty. I thought that it wasn't worth what he paid but
> the warranty co have lived up to it.
>
> He has had to phone them over a few bits. He's into video editing in a
> big way and they have talked him through adding Firewire, changing
> settings and generally been very useful through some very difficult
> problems. They even changed the scanner when it developed a problem
> after nearly 2 years. They didn't quibble, just sent him a new one.
<<

That's a little surprising and I do hope it continues. It may be that Watchdog
viewers got a rogue batch but Tiny were a reputable and reliable company a few
years back and I hope that they can undo the damage this may have done.

As for Time, maybe someone should call time on Time!

--

Neil Williams
linux at codehelp.co.uk
mail at neilw.screaming.net