Re: [LUG] Recommendation - PCWorld, Comet etc for PC

On Thursday 02 November 2000 11:55 am, you wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommendation for any of these places in terms of the
> quality of PC supplied, warranties/guarantees and in particular after-sales
> support and service? Admittedly, and as she's already said, if something
> does go wrong then she could bring it into work for one of us to look at,
> but if its a serious problem (motherboard, processor, etc) then it'll have
> to go back using whatever warranty and support service they provide.

I recommended Evesham micros to a friend for this sort of purchase, and she's
still my friend so I guess they were ok.  Also specified a laptop from them
for work and we have had no problems with it.

> * For those of you who used the "Computer Shop" out at Devonport in
> Plymouth, note that it has moved to the Armada Centre in the City centre. I
> wasted a trip to Devonport only to find it had moved 2mins walk from work!

Personally, I'm pretty brassed off that they closed the Albert road shop
which is only about 2 minutes from where I live.  Not having a car I am going
to find it a bit tricky to haul the next monitor home, no. 3 for xinerama
hopefully :-)

Tony Atkin