Re: [LUG] Meeting

My original plan was to:

Discuss ways to promote Linux and GNU / OSS software.

Have a look at the GBdirect course and try discuss a way we can approach
people to possibly teach linux.  Or if anyone has not seen it then they can
just have a look.

New stuff would include make a few knoppix cd's ( the dvd is a live dvd
edition of knoppix but can be copied onto cd-r.  Hopefully the instructions
in the magazine will work.

So we could always take a look at that.  Perhaps try and improve my laptop
performance, by removing unwanted services, etc.  If there is time,  given we
are starting at 7:30 it gives us something like 2 hours, or 2 1/2 so we can
just see what happens.

Paul? What are we expecting tomorrow night? Is this to be an install fest,
a bring and chat or a 'let's see what happens'?

Unless you have a dvd-r.

I can bring my iBook which has a DVD reader / CDRW combo drive and enough
file space. Mark, if you do say 4 CD's, I'll bring some blanks and if we
need more, I'll do them on the fly.

How many copies do you want Paul.

If I can get one working copy burnt off properly, then I can copy the rest at
home, I just thought as we had a meet, and the dvd  was there, then i can get
help, and other members can then take knoppix away with them,

Paul

Though I'm still trying to work out how to get to the meeting.