Re: [LUG] Sane - Anyone got any hints?

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 20:57:48 +0100
Simon Avery <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

[snip]

I've tried lots of things, changing ports, checking it again, even
replacing the motherboard (including going from Via chipset to SIS),
gone from 2.6.5.1:358 to 2.6.8.1:521 (both binary kernels - I've rolled
my own before and can't see any real advantage) but nothing's working.

Fedora doesn't have modconf, and none of the FAQ's regarding sane appear
  to be particularly useful with regard to Fedora (files in wrong
places, kernel wrong, etc)

[/snip]

Thanks for any hints. :)

Have you tried removing SANE from FC and then installing a plain-vanilla SANE from
SANE's website?

Grant.

(Just for the record, I have 4/5 SCSI scanners, none of which work even though some
are supported - indeed one of them actually causes a kernel panic.  I am beginning
to think I have a dodgy SCSI card!)

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.