Re: [LUG] Mandrake 10.1 CE-Available For Public Download

On Sunday 03 Oct 2004 7:55 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
I never had a successful upgrade with Mandrake between v7.0 and 9.0.
vs
Debian unstable is upgraded every morning, automatically.

This is what concerns me. I think, like Grant, I've changed a couple of things
here and there (eg. KDE as the original wasn't as stable). I think I upgraded
from 9.0 to 9.1 but all previeous advances were on reformatted drives.
Trouble is, I'm an end user. The machine is used for digital imaging, word
processing, internet (56k dial up), children's home/college work and playing
DVD (I tried several things and something worked!). For me, once things work
satisfactorily that's it. Even Windoze upgrades can be hair-raising events -
it's a serious business changing os on a working machine as oppose to a
testbench.

All the best,

Peter.