Re: [LUG] Organising Meets

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 8:57 pm, Julian Hall wrote:
That I'm not sure of.  I was just considering the point of saving you
burning 4 or 5 times as many CDs when you could burn less DVDs and not
give your burner a heart attack ;)

Far better to bring along the scanmodem tool (which will fit on a floppy -
remember those?) and host the meeting at a venue with broadband. This isn't a
well organised Debian mirror you are considering here - it's a hotch-potch of
incompatible and unpredictable sites.

I'm not sure if there is any duplication of filenames across different
CDs in a distro.  I have a nasty feeling there is.

It's usually the files that tell the installer what disc the ISO comes from.
Those would tend to overwrite or not be found.

However if anyone on the list knows how LF got their DVD to boot

By downloading a compatible ISO in the first place, probably. They have the
network to do that.

--

Neil Williams