Re: [LUG] Re:HP scanner/printer

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 16:49:54 +0100, Grant Sewell <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:08:31 +0100

Hi Simon, I'm afraid I can't be of much help other than to say that I've been having similar problems with an HP PSC. Apparently the problems are due to the fact that the printer side of things uses one "driver" (which doesn't support scanning) and the scanner uses another one (which should support printing, but seems to be broken)... or something like that.

There's an HP sponsored sourceforge project all about the "multifunction" range of devices:
http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/

As a matter of curiosity, which distro are you using? Under Mandrake 10 I managed to get the PSC to print once, before I attempted scanning, and now it doesn't, but it scans well! However, under Knoppix, I could print nicely but couldn't scan at all.

Hope this helps a little.

Grant.

I'm using RH 9. The kernal's been updated so it can use a linuxant driver for the internal modem, not that this is of any relevance though. I'll try turning hpoj off and see what happens. What a pain I swapped a nice flatbed scanner, lexmark with no prospect of a linux driver, for this rather clunky HP thing because there are drivers for it.

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk