Re: [LUG] Trackpad on Sony Vaio PCG-FX203

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 18:26, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi again,
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"  (I've also tried ExplorerPS/2)
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"

Umm.  I've just had a thought and checked.  Originally the device was
set to "/dev/mouse", and on previous advice changed it to "/dev/psaux".
However *neither* exist in my /dev folder.

OK now I *know* what the problem is.  /dev/psaux is not tupported in 2.6
kernels.  That's a damn nuisance.

I found this page:
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~danlee/fun/psaux/

Unfortunately the writer assumes what in my position I think of as
heavyweight knowledge of Linux.  If one of you kind people has the time,
would you be able to tell me in simple steps what I have to do?

Kind regards,

Julian