[LUG] Open Source group wins €2.6m EC grant

Just spotted this on the Register (apologies to those who saw it yesterday, I haven't been keeping up):

"The Consortium for Open Source in Public Administration (Cospa) launches today with the goal of increasing and improving the use of open source software across Europe. Partly-funded by the European Commission, the group will provide advice and expertise to government bodies which want to use non-proprietary software." - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/16/cospa_open_source/

Which sounds like a pretty good idea to me. In fact, there may be businesses who will read their findings with interest, as many of the activities that government bodies perform (data processing and storage, web services, etc.) aren't radically different to those used in industry.

Cheers,

Jon