Re: [LUG] wheel mouse+suse 9

dbatho wrote:

How do I configure my wheel on my mouseman(Logitech) under Suse 9 it worked fine under 8.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

I have a Microsoft Wheel Mouse, an optical one.

Using the X config GUI I don't know. I have configured my scroll wheel with the ZAxisMapping option in the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, the section of my config file:

Section "InputDevice"

   Identifier "Mouse1"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
   Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
   Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

# Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

As you mouse is a Logitech you may need the ChordMiddle option also.

The 4 and 5 in the ZAxisMapping option are the forth and fifth 'buttons' with are the two directions of the wheel.

Regards
Andrew