[LUG] Promoting GNU/Linux through computer shop

Whilst out shopping for some milk I happened to be thinking about promoting the LUG and GNU/Linux. As I walked back to my office I passed the computer shop and saw an oppurtunity to promote GNU/Linux.

I spoke to the store staff who seemed very keen on Linux, though they have no Linux distros on sale. I suggested that Linux could be supplied with second-user systems that they sell for reasonable prices, saving their customers the cost of Windows (or preventing piracy). I pointed to a PC selling for £65 and pointed out that cost of Windows would double the TCO. I asked if they could have a system running Linux in the shop, they agreed.

They acknowledged that they have had many customers enquiring about Linux.

They asked if I would leave a card but at that time I didn't have one that promoted Linux in anyway.

Now I'm a little stuck. I have found an excellent oppurtunity to promote GNU/Linux, but I really need help and suggestions from fellow LUGers. Here are some of the things I thought of:

1) Some kind of card with links to Linux sites and DCLUG.

2) Obtaining freebies, passing them on to customers.

3) PCs running Linux at the shop.

Please help.

Andrew