[LUG] SAMBA

Hi All

Trying to get SAMBA up and running, first between a Win ME and a Linux/ME machine.  Then add my downstairs Linux Box to the set-up.

Having great trouble getting the Windows Machine to see the Linux/ME.  Sometimes it does sometimes it does not.  However I have never been able to get into The Linux/Share.  (Ironically the Linux machine can get into all the files on the Windows Machine, which was not my object.  However that is not my first question.

Could the fact that the Linux/Win machine have the same ID when booted in Win as it does when booted into Linux be confusing the other Windows Machine?  (i.e. it has the same IP, workgroup and computer name.  Indeed My Neighbour Hood network remembers its Windows shares).

Now a really dim question, I assume the other Linux machine must have SAMBA  running to see the first machine which also has it running.

Thanks in advance (PS hard luck chaps, The train set interface is now working in a Java Linux environment, so I will not be bringing a train set to the next meeting, sorry [but again thanks for helping me install Java)).

Peter

Lynx friendly