[LUG] EXETER MEETING

Hi

Newbiee going to meeting >

Thanks for your reply.  I look fwd for advice on ISP,s.

Telnet and SSH are on the computer, but are they installed?  The computer does not have a modem installed, But I can bring a couple along. (I have a BT Voyager also, but understand they are not supported).

There is a network card, but I have not tried using it for Linux yet.

What I want to get installed is Java 2 SDK, as a group I belong to use Java for a model Railway interface.  I had it working in windows, but decided to go down the linux route to force me to learn linux.  I have failed to install it however.  However having discovered GCC and curses.h I am playing with C on the linux machine.

I will chuck my computer, kb and monitor, and a length of cable in my car, and bring it up if it seems appropriate at the time. (That box is pure linux).

Thanks again, hope to see youat the meeting

Peter

Lynx friendly