[LUG] Re: Exeter Meeting more details

On Thursday 05 Feb 2004 6:15 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
We had a meeting at this school back in March last year. All the
directions are still on the DCLUG website:

http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_uk/27-3-03.html

19:00 hours St Peters School, Exeter, Thursday February the 19th.

Details at:
http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_uk/events.php
Thanks, Simon.

Some of the SKS keyservers are on port 80, I'm sure Neil will check if
he is still feeling keen on GPG.
(never in doubt!)

We can use:
http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/skylane/pks-commands.php
on port 80 using a WWW interface. Submit keys and retrieve keys.
Note: there are security concerns with actually signing keys at a keysigning
event involving people being able to watch you enter your secret key
passphrase. We'll use the interface to make sure everyone has access to the
keys involved but it's up to individuals to choose when to do the actual
signing. I'm not saying we're untrustworthy, just pointing out a possible
concern.

I'll bring a router, hub(s), ethernet cables, power leads and whatever else is
in the DCLUG metting bag (probably the raffle tickets) as well as the laptop.
The laptop has a DVD-ROM that I can probably persuade Debian to share. I'll
bring Debian, Slackware 9.1, Fedora, Mandrake 9.2, Gentoo 1.4 and FreeBSD 4.8
- all on DVD. I know Mark will have plenty of ethernet cables etc. but it's
all in the bag already so I'll just grab it.

--

Neil Williams