Re: [LUG] Disappointed with RH :was: redhat no longer producing errata.

Surely by having home users, you can guarentee a user base with the skills
industry needs,  as bit like with windows used both in home and industryy
and commercial,  so industry knows a windows user base is there. (which is
what we all are competing against)

Of course by going commercial they risk losing potential users,  esp if say
like me I use suse at home if I am in a position to move a company over to
linux I may go with suse, but my job would be to go to the best option or
perhaps one I can use I am more likley to use someone I have already
developed a relationship with even if it is as a home user. .

It's an alternative to windows, at the end of the day Linux is still linux
etc. Likewise  KDE is going to be similar on any system, so actual vendor
should not make a difference.

The important thing to make the industry realise is that for the most part
if someone for example can use debian they should have no problems using
redhat or suse, from an everyday point of view, get over that hurdle and it
will solve many of the problems we could face,  the skills are transferable.

Paul

---