[LUG] NFS, /etc/resolv.conf rather odd connection.

If I do

exportfs -r

There is a very long delay of about one minute.

/etc/init.d/nfs start also gives a delay.

When clients try to mount an NFS directory it very rarely suceeds, there is a long delay if it does mount. What I can't quite understand is that if a remove /etc/resolv.conf and restart NFS or do exportfs -r NFS behaves perfectly with no long delays.

How can removing /etc/resolv.conf fix this NFS problem?

How can I configure NFS so that it doesn't depend on /etc/resolv.conf?

Mandrake 9.1
and Mandrake 8.2

Regards
Andrew Rogers