Re: [LUG] Mailing List Blues

On Friday 21 November 2003 8:32 am, martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Simon
>
> >> What I want to achieve is the mailing list being sent to
>
> simon@xxxxxxxxx, not
> root@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >> P.S. I have already played around with local domains, address
>
> re-writing and
> aliasing with no success.
>
> I'm doing the same but using Lotus Domino as the local mail server. I've
> set fetchmail to redirect to administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx which is a
> local mailbox I've setup. I'm then able to script mail delivery based on
> the sender's address (list@xxxxxxxxxxxx in this case) and forward to the
> correct recipient.
>>
> Mart
>
> --

I have thought about setting up a local mailbox in another context, allowing
windows machines to receive external mail whilst in a linux environment. This
would only suit my set-up if I could direct selected mails to the box, and
foreign domains, any virtual domains or address rewriting in Postfix will
usually trap outgoing mail to these addresses and rewrite them back to a
local address. The scripting would need to work only on the incoming mails,
which I guess means using procmail in some way. This does however add an
extra layer of complexity to the mail situation.

Cheers.............Simon.