[LUG]

Hi all.

Looking at something at work at the moment.

One of our sister companies had a problem where the motherboard in their server failied and their system was offline for a week (don't ask me what their hardware support company was doing - running in circles like headless chickens I think!).

They have now been advised to have a second, backup, server. The package supplier has advised that the data will be copied at the end of day, which means that in the event of a failure, the data could be as much as one day out of sync. Is there a way that _we_ could implement a second server whereby that data was kept concurrent?

I know there was an article on building a backup server in Linux Format a while back but AFAIR that used cron to copy the data and therefore it was not a fully concurrent system either.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark Harvey
--
http://www.Newquay-Plus.co.uk
For information on Newquay and the surrounding area.