Re: [LUG] broken pinentry-qt

Thanks for the advice,

ldconfig has been run many a time and the /etc/ld.so.conf is has all the
correct and necessary paths etc.

i have isolated it to the the qt libs and it appears to be the contents of the
~/.qt directories. Deleting my .qt dir allows pinentry-qt to run and copying
roots over mine seems to help as well without wierd font problems caused bu
just deleting.

> Also, on the gpa-dev list, there's some help on pinentry: the qt version
> does seem to have problems (threads include after a qt32 upgrade) and
> switching to pinentry-gtk has helped.

stangely enough i am on qt3.2 as i run kde 3.1.92. i will read up on those
links you gave me they look the job!

> Switching to pinentry-gtk would involve re-enabling it in the pinentry
> ./configure command line (?disable pinentry-qt?) and enabling gtk in the
> gpg-agent conf file.

yep, no probs, i have considered this, i need to install the gtk development
libs as i don't tend to use many gtk apps and don't have them installed. I
also have pinentry-curses and that works fine so this also confirms it is the
qt side that is the problem.

Thanks

Robin