[LUG] Symlink Iptables

Hello All,

Trying to get a new firewall script to run on boot up. the rules are
situated in /etc/firerules which are called from /etc/init.d/iptables

so i have to start it after boot from a shell.So my machine is running
bare back, as my adsl connection starts during boot.

I set the following:

#/etc/init.d/iptables save active (with my current rule set in place)

&

#/etc/init.d/iptables save inactive (after a clear)

and then

# dpkg-reconfigure iptables (drive wizzed for a bit, and the shell
prompt paused. i awaited some sort of prompt - something like "enable at
start up y/n" ??? - nothing came up?)

Have i got to make a symlink from my def runlevel?

#/etc/inittab | grep initdefault

id:5:initdefault:

Can't figure this one. Dist is knoppix/debian 2.4.21-xfx

Thanks All any help appreciated.

Luke