[LUG] phpBB on a pentium 233

I work at Falmouth Community School and I have been able to install a
Linux web server at Falmouth Community School with the permission of the
IT manager.

The distribution I chose was Slackware 9.0 and it is running on an old
library computer - a pentium 233 MMX with 128MB RAM.

My question is : Is the computer powerful enough to run phpBB (the
brilliant bulletin board program www.phpbb.com) as it seems to run very
very quick on our intranet at the moment?

My main concern is, when the bulletin board gets discovered by a
significant number of pupils, the response time of the server will
degrade as the database gets bigger.