Re: [LUG] Sony Viao Laptop & Linux

Hi,
I'm currently running RedHat 7.3 on a GRX516MD.
It works perfectly after a bit of hacking about.

I needed to repathch the Kernel for a new ACPI version - IIRC this was due to
a couple of things:
1) I needed to use 2.4.20 for some of my peripherals.
2) 3D support was broken for the ATI7500 (DRM ?)
The only things I've never tested on mine are the memory stick slot (I've no
memory sticks) and the firewire (If I need firewire, I use my dual PIII).

I'm don't know what hardware the 616SP has in it, so you may or may not need
to do a kernel rebuild for it.

I'd say that mine is currectly the best laptop I've used, so it was well worth
the effort of getting Linux running correctly.

Jon