Re: [LUG] Lib Dem MP view on needs for public sector IT support

thats fine, however as projects can be managed by indivuals, they can't be
around 24/7 got 2 sleep, what I do notice is that they respond as soon as
they can,  which is more than can be said for professional organisations,
e.g  I wrote to ericson regarding memory upgrades for my MC12 palmtop, the
response was a list of phones,  and not an answer to my question,

it's happened before I had a problem with some other software,  and I sent
an e-mail to explain how I fixed it,  and got a reply that suggested that my
mail had not been read, it just involved deleting a file, and installing the
software. I find this really frustrating when people don't seem to read
mails properly, or even ask for clarification if it's not explained very
well.

Paul

"The public sector needs its vendors or some other single source
of expertise," he explained. Such hand-holding needs to be and
to be seen to be professional, expert and available at all times
with immediate answers. "

>From The Register.

He is not wrong...
--