Re: [LUG] CSS reference extended, as requested

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 00:35, you wrote:

> Silly question time, but Mozilla offers an option for loading
> different style sheets "View > Use Style".
>
> The docs suggest these are style sheets that are "LINK"ed from
> the original page (server provided?).
>
> Do you have an example? Have you tried this? Can I have
> codehelp with bigger text this way? Does any other browser
> play this game? Can I specify my own style sheets, should
> Iever master them.

Opera (not open but nice) provides for a user style sheet.  A
single button on each document frame allows the substitution of
whatever hideous colours and font size and choices the author
selected by the ones I chose as generic for me.

Books are often very satisfying by reason of their careful
layout and typography, and although the medium of the Web and of
computer screens does not support this, the urge to try to make
a page look right is hard to resist for many people.

Some of those people are in positions of power, and thus the NHS
will sometimes publish something that looks pretty on a printout
rather than something that conveys information well in use on
screens, never mind in a semantic web.

The NeLH trainers masterclass is today at the Thistle Hotel in
Exeter, but I have to miss this one.

--
From the Linux sofa or garden swing of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/