[LUG] Smoothwall Beta 2.0

Posted by "Mike Hood" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi

Has anyone any experience of setting up Smoothwall Beta 2.0 to run a BT Voyager USB ADSL modem.
I have tried various things to no avail.

The modem link light just flashs and the status bar tells me that its dailing. It does this 10 times then tells me that its idle.

When I boot the Smoothwall machine up I can get a brief glimps of the set up as it scrolls through. Some of this leads me to believe that the system is not setting up correctly.

Here is some of the text:

Can't find your EZUSB USB ADSL Loader

couldn't access  /etc/eciadsl/eci/ADSL.conf

I have been onto Smoothwall.Org web site and found that there is a bug concerning the ECI drivers.

Has anyone come across this problem?
Did you resolve it?
Can you give me any advice please.

Thanks for reading this