Re: [LUG] Faking http headers

On Saturday 24 May 2003 11:58 pm, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> On Saturday 24 May 2003 7:15 pm, trewornan wrote:
(I've snipped bits out)

> > The original point of this was to try to get into my
> > online bank account but the Nat West Bank website
> > still won't work - ho hum.
> >
> > It's supposed to work with Netscape but their install
> > and download program keeps stalling.
> >
> > ps. this website won't work with konqueror either
> > (even with a fake user agent)
> >
> > Mark
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I can connect to Natwest (online banking) with konqueor 3.1.0 it works ok.
> I have set my user agent to be "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows
> NT 5.0)" only for the domain www.nwolb.com.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Robin
I've been looking for a solution as I'm also a NatWest user. I phoned them up
and sent an email to their "feedback" service to try and get them to widen
their browser "support". Please would you do the same as it's a demand driven
thing. Only certain earlier Netscape browsers are supported by NW. I'll try
and follow the advice given but so far haven't got to grips with it. I may be
back for clarification!

Cheers
Peter.