Re: [LUG] disk read / write in Linux

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 10:38:51AM +0100, Ian P. Christian wrote:
> Quoting Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I guess it
> > performs these reading operations with better tolerance than whatever
> > driver/app (I don't care) is used in Windows.
> In what way do you think that the Linux implementation has more 'tolerance' then
> the Windows ones?

I have had strange problems downloading images from my camera. One
particular time was when someone borrowed my compact flash card for his
canon or something, then I put it back in my kodak and took more
pictures.

Trying to get the pictures down with XP did not work.

gphoto2 did.

Hence I used the term 'tolerance'. Could use some other term though.

-Kai