Re: [LUG] Making universities more Linux aware.

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Andrew Rogers wrote:

> The University of Plymouth has many students that would like to use
> Linux but has no open access Linux machines.
>
> The Computing Services don't support Linux, I don't need their support
> but they wouldn't even tell me the SMTP relay name! I found it by
> reading headers of emails.
>
> What can we do to inform universities such as Plymouth that Linux really
> does exist?

As am ex-Plymouth student from nearly 2 years ago, the only linux lab is
in Babbage 210 (Aka The Sun Lab when it had Suns there - ahh...memories!)

You may also consider checking out Termisoc, which is the UPSU Computing
Society, of the University, who have some linux servers for memebers to
use.

Pete Hatton
E-mail:  pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Webpage: http://www.monolight.org