Re: [LUG] lilo.conf problems

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 10:23:31PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> Hmm I've no idea how Linux handles it's device files, but will they have
> the wrong details if you move the disks? Most Unix's are very good about

I move disks all the time. It is not a problem. I have heard of some
problems regarding SCSI setups, but they are rare. And in those cases I
think thats only when you hotswap the little babies.

> You do have a nice solid backup somewhere, right?

Don't scare the poor fellow ! :)

Or rather you are scaring me. I can't quite afford a new disk drive to
perform backups to, and I am too lazy to do it with CDs...

-Kai