[LUG] XINE v Mandrake 9.0

Hi All,

I'm at the "ripping hair out" stage now.

For the majority of the last two weeks MDK 9.0 has consistently refused
(despite many hard beatings and threats of violence) to play any DVDs.
When I installed them it played them properly.  However now it refuses
every single attempt to correct the problem.

Logic says that since I installed it from the original MDK ISOs
downloaded from linuxiso.org that *re-installing* it would solve
problem.

Wrong.  It refuses every attempt and I am totally out of any clue why
the hell is won't behave.  I've tried installing all the Xine and Libdvd
files that have been suggested and the system remains pigheaded and
refuses to behave.

HELP!!! :)

Julian