Re: [LUG] Collapsing bracket editors

On Thursday 10 April 2003 8:44 am, Jon Lawrence wrote:
> Hi,
> I use Kate - came with KDE 3.1
> That allows collapsing on {'s
>
> Jon

The new version of Kate in KDE3.1 is actually very impressive - I particularly
like the idea that not only does it have a console window within the editor
but that the pwd TRACKS the changes in the file navigation window - change to
a new directory and the console window executes a cd to that directory,
making it dead easy to test scripts, manage other files in the same folder,
etc. and because it is a full console, I can even use scp and ssh to copy the
amended files (ad probably ftp, telnet, ping etc.) without having to load up
a separte console and then switch between tasks on the panel. A small but
very welcome little gadget.

--

Neil Williams

http://www.wewantbroadband.co.uk/