Re: [LUG] Writing to FAT32 mounts as non-root user

On Monday 07 April 2003 11:34 pm, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

> Ahh, it's so easy when you know how!  I think I might start a little

I cribbed it from the cdrom settings ages ago - after all, that kept mounting
as a user and only when I wanted it to, so I just hacked the settings and
waited for disaster. To my shock it worked and I've been using it ever since.
(Mandrake 7.2 at the time). Of course, if I'd bothered to read the man page I
would have seen that it was meant to work that way, but hey, man pages are
for when you're stuck, right? I wasn't stuck, just curious.
:-))

> "idiots guide" corner in the Wicki and stash all the solutions to all the
> silly little problems I encounter...

That's what the wiki is for.

> I've been mucking about with WINE this evening, managed to get Paint
> working (that's a wierd sight, Paint in KDE) but managed to completely
> crash the system trying to load Photoshop 7.0 :-(

Aaah, yes. Wine. I got solitaire working and notepad but then, like you, I got
ahead of myself and tried Quicken. I had to reinstall RedHat after that one.
(If I'd known a little more about Linux at the time I could have rescued that
system instead of re-installing.)

--

Neil Williams

http://www.wewantbroadband.co.uk/