Re: [LUG] SuSE 8.1 on Dell C800 laptop, ACPI and APMD and X

On Friday 04 April 2003 00:20, I wrote:

Sorted.
Some refererence to
http://tuxmobil.org/apm_linux.html
a bit of RTFM, and it needs
acpi=off apmd=on
in the boot line.

Along the way I learned how to access more information from the
power managagement hardware and software than I had in the past,
and now have a snazzy KDE 3 desktop with working webcam in a
postage stamp size window and all the usual stuff.

Maybe it was standing 7 CDs of Debian 3 next to it that
convinced it<g>

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/